header image

eTwinning and Glogster Workshop at the Express Publishing Conference in Romania – May 2013

Posted by: | May 25, 2013 | 4 Comments |

Conference

The conference “Re-looking ESL: Where we are and where we are going” was organized by Express Publishing and was dedicated to the Romanian teachers of English. It was held in Sibiu, Romania, on 17-19 May 2013.

Hotel Ana

On Friday May 17th I presented the workshop entitled “Making Glogster EDU Waves within eTwinning” to a number of 21 teachers of English from countries in South-East Europe.

Programme

My idea was inspired really: to introduce eTwinning and Glogster and talk about how these platforms can make / do make waves – with the best meaning of the phrase – in education today. Because producing sensation can cause change, and the challenges laid before us by eTwinning and Glogster push us towards opening a lot of new doors.

Room 2

eTwinning projects are a challenge indeed. We develop – while working in eTwinning projects – new methods of teaching, of learning, of assessment, we use ICT, we reflect, we share experiences… We are more complex, we understand better other peoples and other cultures, and also what the future can offer us.

We build part of the future ourselves, and the tools we use describe the ubiquitousness of eTwinning and its specific spontaneity and speed. Glogster is one of these tools, providing motivation, inspiration and new ways of expressing one’s creativity and imagination.

Room

This was a successful workshop, from the trainer’s point of view :-)

I am confident that the waves are still travelling… They have touched your shores as well, haven’t they? What’s the feeling?

Thank you,

Daniela.

Badge

Photos – all my own.

under: eTwinning, My workshops, Web 2.0 tools

4 Comments

1. By: Cirstina Nicolaita on May 27, 2013 at 7:51 pm      Reply

My dear friend,
    What a great tandem you have got here… both eTwinning and Glogster are very effective ways to teach in a different manner, to challenge students’ imagination and creativity, and to share one’s knowledge. I must confess they have touched my shores! :-)
    Here is one of my glogs for the Chess Gateway eTwinning project: http://cristnycol.edu.glogster.com/check-mathse/
    Cristina Nicolaita

• By: Daniela Bunea on June 8, 2013 at 5:55 pm      Reply

Dear Cristina,
      Thank you very much for your comment! I have always appreciated your students’ work and your dedication. Your using Glogster in eTwinning projects was one of the incentive that started me on this very voyage! Thank you for this too,
      Daniela.

2. By: Anna Drakotu on June 28, 2013 at 11:00 pm      Reply

Dear Daniela,

Your work has been inspiring for teachers in quest for more challenging ‘edu-treks’!

Congratulations!

Anna

• By: Daniela Bunea on June 29, 2013 at 6:29 am      Reply

Thank you, dear Anna! I appreciate your kind words, and kindly tell you that you should be proud of your work too! I think you are. :-)
      I have just sent you a Facebook request, I hope we can be connected like that too!
      Thank you once again,
      Daniela.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Quests and Treks - eTwinning and Glogster Works...

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories